Banana Cashew Pudding
Banana cashew cream is one of my favorite desserts. It’s so simple, yet so delicious and creamy. It’s great on it’s own, but can also be used to top oatmeal pancakes and vegan french toast. You could even use it in your morning oatmeal or teff porridge to sweeten and cream it up with healthy ingredients. I also like it layered with my chocolate pudding for another healthy dessert option.
What I love about this dessert is that it’s not only really tasty, it’s very healthy! Cashews, bananas, and dates are the major ingredients in this recipe!
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 ripe banana
- 2 pitted dates
- 1/2 tablespoon of lemon juice*
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- If your blender is not strong, soak the cashews in hot water for 15-20 minutes.
- Blend together the cashews, 1/2 cup water, bananas, dates, lemon juice, and vanilla extract. Add more water, if needed to smooth out the pudding (start with 1-2 tablespoons at a time).
- Allow the pudding to set for 20-30 minutes in the fridge and then separate into 4-6 dishes. Optional to top with slices of banana, coconut flakes, cinnamon, or berries.
- Note 1: The lemon juice is optional. The bananas will brown the pudding as it sits. So if you don't plan on serving it right away, you may want to add a dash of lemon. Otherwise, don't blend in the bananas until before serving.
- Note 2: If you have a nut allergy omit the cashews and use a package of silken tofu. Add water as needed to help blend, but avoid adding too much water.