If you are looking for a super easy, quick and healthy pancake recipe— then you’ve come to the right place! This banana pancake recipe combines whole grains (oats) with fruit (bananas) to bring you a very inexpensive, yet healthy breakfast treat! Top it with cashew cream or natural nut/ seed butter to cut down on added sugars that would otherwise be added from using maple syrup. If you use syrup, just a few tiny drops— because those added sugars can add up when you load your cakes in syrup!
- 3/4 cup oats (**blend to make into flour)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2- 3/4 cup unsweetened plant-based milk
- 1 banana
- 1-2 teaspoons cinnamon
- If you have a Vitamix or strong blender, you don’t need to make the oat flour first. You can just combine the oats, baking powder, plant-based milk, banana, and cinnamon in the blender. Blend until smooth. If your blender isn’t overly powerful, blend the oats first to get them really fine like flour. Then add the rest of the ingredients. If your batter becomes too thin, add a small amount of ground flax seed to thicken it.
- Warm a non-stick skillet. Pour the batter on and cook on medium heat until golden brown. Flip to the other side until golden brown. Go slow and low, to allow the pancakes to cook throughout.
- Top with nut butter or cashew cream and berries or other fruit.
- Serves 2