Chocolate Banana Pudding
This is my new favorite dessert— creamy banana and chocolate pudding! Rich, creamy, and sweet—- and best of all, it’s healthy and easy to make! A kind of dessert you can even eat for breakfast! This pudding totally reminds me of those snack-pack puddings I had as a kid.
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/2- 1 cup water
- 1-2 ripe banana
- 1-2 pitted dates
- ½ cup pitted dates (about 5-6 medjool dates)
- 12.3 oz- 16 oz organic silken tofu (firm or extra firm)
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup water
- Coconut flakes
- 1. Combine all the ingredients for the banana layer into a blender. Start with 1/2 cup water, add more as needed. Mix until smooth. Pour the mixture into a container or bowl with a lid. Place in the fridge to set for 20-30 minutes.
- 2. Combine all the ingredients for the chocolate layer into the blender. Mix until smooth. Place in a container or bowl with a lid. Allow to set for 20-30 minutes.
- 3. In cups or glass dishes, layer the puddings. Add bananas between layers or use to top the puddings off.
- Adding 1-2 tsp of lemon juice may help reduce browning that will occur in the banana pudding. It may change the taste slightly.