5 star Truffles that are actually healthy for you!! These got the double thumbs up from chocolate lovers in my life.
- 1- 4 oz unsweetened baking chocolate (100% cacao)
- 1 cup (packed) pitted dates
- ½ cup unsweetened plant-based milk (e.g. soy, almond, coconut)
- Shredded coconut
- Powdered baking chocolate or cacao
- Crushed walnuts or almonds
- Dried fruit (e.g. blueberries, raspberries, or cherries)
- Freezer dried berries (crushed)- use for a colorful coating
- Break the chocolate into small pieces and heat the chocolate until melted.
- In a food processor blend the dates with the warm chocolate, and plant-based milk until smooth. Pour into a bowl and chill in fridge for 2-3 hours.
- Once the chocolate is thick like fudge. Roll into small 12-14 balls. Optional to roll in additional extra ingredients, such as crushed nuts, dried fruit, and/or shredded coconut. To coat the balls with chocolate powder, shredded coconut, and/or red freeze dried berries, pour a small amount of the ingredient of choice into a small bowl and roll the truffle in the powder until fully coated.
- Store truffles in an air-tight container in either the fridge or the freezer.
- Coconut- Walnut Truffles: stuffed with crushed walnuts and coated in shredded coconut
- Extra Chocolate: plain chocolate truffles coated in powdered chocolate
- Berry Chocolate: dried cranberry truffles coated in crushed freeze dried strawberries.