My mom and I were cruising in the car one evening thinking of new recipes we could try. That’s when this fig pizza recipe was born! Our first attempt on the pizza— and it was a crowd favorite! Cashew cream is seriously such an amazing creation. Who ever decide to blend cashews into a cream was a genius!
- Whole Grain Pizza Crust ( about 12 inches)- either store bought or homemade
- ½ cup cashews
- ¼ cup water
- ½- ⅔ cup dried figs (or sub in fresh)
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ medium onion (thinly sliced)
- ¼-½ cup chopped Kale or whole Arugula
- Prepare the pizza crust as instructed.
- In a blender, mix the water and cashews. Add more water if needed. The sauce should be fairly thick.
- Saute onions until caramelized.
- Chop the figs in thin slices.
- Spread the cashew cream on the pizza crust (You may not need all the cashew cream). Layer on the caramelized onions, chopped figs, and kale/ arugula.
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes.
- If your blender isn’t strong, soak the cashews in hot water for ~30 minutes until soft. This will help to make the cashew cream smooth.