PB & J Smoothie
Here’s a spin on your morning breakfast oats, or your afternoon lunch— Peanut Butter and Jelly Smoothie! This smoothie combines oats (healthy carb), peanut butter (healthy fat), and fruit ( more healthy carbs), with your choice of unsweetened plant-based milk. Per serving of this smoothie provides ~9 grams of protein and ~ 7 grams of fiber*!
*Calculated without chia or flax and using unsweetened almond milk. Use soy milk to boost the protein in this smoothie. Add chia or flax seed for additional fiber and healthy fat.
- ⅔ cup rolled oats
- 1 banana (frozen, prefered)
- 1 cup berries of choices or grapes (frozen works well. I used blueberries)
- 1 cup unsweetened plant-based milk of choice
- 2 tbsp of all natural peanut butter (or other nut/ seed butter)
- 1 tbsp ground flax or chia seeds (optional)
- Ice (optional)
- Pour oats into a blender, and blend until like flour.
- Add the additional ingredients and blend until smooth. Add more milk if needed to thin out the smoothie.
- Pour into glasses and enjoy!