Minty Green Smoothie
I used to love shamrock shakes back in the day, but those babies are loaded with sugar! One small shake has 65 g of sugar— and that’s not healthy sugar from fruits like bananas and dates. The shamrock shake syrup alone is primarily just high fructose corn syrup, corn syrup, and sugar with a few additives and color.
My minty green smoothie is made from healthful, natural ingredients: kale, bananas, dates, chia seeds, mint, and plant-based milks. Healthy food not only makes your body feel great, but it tastes amazing too!
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 2 cups unsweetened plant-based milk*
- 1-2 pitted dates
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/4- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves**
- 2 cups greens (e.g. spinach, kale)
- 1-2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 more frozen banana
- 1/2 avocado
- Remove the pits from the dates. Wash the greens and the mint leaves. Combine all the ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into two cups and enjoy!
- Note 1: If you don't have plant-based milk, you could probably just swap in water. If you'd like it creamier, add 2 tbsp cashews, almonds, or pumpkin seeds.
- Note 2: Add more mint leaves for a stronger mint taste. You could also swap in pure mint extract instead.