Peanut Butter Cookies
The healthiest peanut butter cookies, ever.
No added sugar– just dates.
No butter– just avocado.
Oat flour rather than white flour.
And still packed with taste!
- 1 cup packed dates (pitted)*
- ⅓ cup hot water
- 1 cup peanut butter (no added sugar)
- 1.25 cup oats (or whole wheat flour)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup mashed avocado
- 1 flax egg (1 Tbsp ground flax + 3 Tbsp water)
- Heat the oven to 350F.
- If using oats, blend the oats until they turn into a flour. Add the baking soda to the mixer and continue to mix.
- In a bowl, combine the flax and water and allow to thicken for a few minutes.
- Add the pitted dates, hot water, mashed avocado, peanut butter, and flax egg to the mixer. Blend until all the ingredients are combined and form a dough.
- Line cookie sheets or baking pans with parchment paper. Roll dough into ~ 24 balls and place on the paper. Flatten with a fork using criss-cross patterns.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until desired texture. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Store in an airtight container or put in the freezer.