Creamy Apple Dip
Apple season is finally here! While apples are tasty on their own and don’t need a lot of work to make a great snack, this whole foods, sweet and creamy dip can be used as a healthy dessert for your sweet tooth. Use this creamy dip in place of caramel sauce, which is loaded with added sugars and preservatives. While this fruit dip does contain sugar, it’s all natural and from whole fruit. In fact, dates are one of the healthiest sweeteners— that’s why you’ll find them in nearly all of my sweet recipes.
Use the dip with apples or drizzle on banana nice cream!
- 1/2 cup of cashews*
- 1 cup of dates, remove the pits
- 3/4 -1 cup of water
- 1 Tablespoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- Apple slices
- In a high speed blender combine the cashews, dates, water, cinnamon, and vanilla. Blend until smooth.
- Wash and chop apple slices and enjoy! Store leftover dip in the fridge in use within a few days. Makes enough dip for ~8 people.
- *Nut allergies, you could probably swap in pepitas (no shell pumpkin seeds) for the cashews!