Creamy Cashew Garlic Sauce with Pasta & Veggies
Light, creamy, and slightly buttery is how I would describe this cashew garlic sauce. It is a delicious and versatile sauce that can be used with a wide variety of dishes. Top it on pasta. Drizzle it over roasted veggies. Serve it with roasted potatoes. Mix it in with quinoa dishes. The sky is the limit!
I find this to a be a simple, easy meal that can be put together fairly quickly. Plus it tastes delicious! That is my kind of meal! An excellent go-to, comfort meal that can be enjoyed year round.
I like to make my meals chock-full of vegetables. Not only do they add volume and texture to a meal, but they are so nutritious! I absolutely love vegetables as they make me feel amazing. Feel free to add even more veggies to this dish, such as peppers, asparagus, Brussel sprouts, tomatoes, zucchini, cabbage. Whatever vegetables your big heart desires!
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cups broccoli, chopped
- 4-5 cups, sliced mini bella mushrooms (or mushrooms of choice)
- 4 cups greens
- Salt- free Italian spice blend, to taste
- 1 (8 oz) package of bean or whole grain pasta
- ½ cup cashews *
- 1 cup water
- 2-3 medium cloves of garlic
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon nutritional yeast
- ½ teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- Fresh Parsley
- Oil free marinara
- Crushed red pepper
- Wash and chop the veggies. Sauté the onion with 1-2 Tablespoons of water until translucent. Add the broccoli and the mushrooms. Stir in Italian seasonings, and 1-2 Tablespoons of water if needed. Cook until the veggies reach desired texture. Toss in the greens for the last 2 minutes and stir the veggies.
- Cook the noodles according to the directions on the package.
- In a high speed blender, combine all the sauce ingredients. Blend until smooth.
- In a small sauce pan, heat the sauce on low-medium heat, stirring often to avoid burning. Heat until the sauce reaches desired texture.
- Serve the garlic sauce and vegetables over the noodles. Mix it up and enjoy!
- *If your blender is not overly strong, you may find it helpful to soak the cashews in hot water for about 30 minutes to help soften them.