Lemon Tahini Pasta
I am all about those light lemony sauces, especially when summer weather hits. Usually, buddah bowls are my go-to meal on a normal work day since my day is jammed packed with work, yoga, resistance training, more work, and catch up with my friends and family. Over the course of a month, I spend a lot of time in the kitchen fixing up recipes, so sometimes– by default– bowls just become a meal of choice on non-recipe development days.
I am a creature of habit, and sometimes I forget how easy it is to just fix up something like this. Breaking out of my usual routine reminds me how versatile plant-based foods can be! Don’t get me wrong, I find a lot of versatility in my bowls! But it’s nice to break out of habit and appreciate the different texture and tastes of food.
There is something about this dish that just makes it so indulgent! Maybe it’s the combo of garlic, herbs, lemon, and tahini or the creamy sauce and sundried tomatoes. Either way, this is the jackpot of recipes. My first time making this, all I could think was, “this dish is sooooo good!!” and savored every bite in my bowl.
This pasta dish is packed full with antioxidant- rich veggies, protein-packed noodles, and a light creamy tahini sauce that’s both healthy and delicious! A lighter-fare without sacrificing taste, this dish will become a go-to, year-round, comfort-food favorite. Give it a try, let me know what you think! Share your picture on Instagram and tag me!
- 8-10 oz lentil pasta
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 2 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 2-3 cups of chopped greens (e.g. Kale or Spinach)
- 1/2 cup of tahini
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tablespoons -1/4 cup dried basil (adjust to taste)
- 2 Tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 Tablespoons dreid parsley
- 1-1.5 Tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- pepper and crushed red pepper, to taste
- Prepare the noodles according to the direction on the package.
- Wash and chop the veggies. Add 1-2 tablespoons of water and the onions to a large pan. Sauté the onions until translucent. Add the bell peppers and zucchini, and continue to sauté until the veggies reach a desired texture. Add more water as needed to keep the veggies from sticking. Add in the sundried tomatoes and chopped greens. Cook until the greens start to wilt down, then reduce the heat.
- In a blender or a bowl, combine the tahini, water, basil, oregano, parsley, garlic powder, lemon juice, pepper, and crushed red pepper. Stir or blend until well combined.
- Pour the sauce over the veggies and add the noodles. Stir until the sauce is evenly distributed. Heat on low to warm the sauce to desired temperature. Then enjoy!
- Tastes great with tomato paste added to the sauce too. So feel free to add in some tomato paste or tomato sauce of choice.