Lately, I have been digging the Bowls. It’s my go-to on a busy work day or when I don’t feel like fixing up something new. Batch cooking roasted veggies, sweet potatoes, and quinoa ahead of time– and topping it on some greens with beans is a really quick, fast meal. If you ask me, the sauce is pretty much what makes the bowls different from one to the next.
This peanut sauce was one I whipped up with the few ingredients I had on-hand. It didn’t take long at all to make. Less than 5 minutes. So if you’re really crunched on time and need a good meal, toss together a bowl. Raw veggies work just fine. Open up a can of beans- rinse them off- and add them to the bowl. Top it off with some delicious peanut dressing, and BAM! You’ve got yourself a tasty, 5-star meal in no-time. That’s my kind of meal!
Pictured above is the peanut sauce served over shredded purple cabbage and carrots, chopped pepper and cucumbers, with minced parsley, spinach, and roasted chickpeas. Pictured below is the same salad served in a roasted sweet potato.
Here’s the sauce when I first featured on my Instagram account. I served it up bowl style. Quinoa, chickpeas, cauliflower, onions, peppers, broccoli, on a bed of spinach. Topped it off with avocado, mint, and of course– the tasty peanut dressing. The options are endless!
I hope this inspires you to get creative!
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1-2 pitted Medjool dates
- 1/2 small lemon or lime, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika or smoked paprika
- 1/2 cup water, or more as needed for thinning
- In a high-speed blender, combine all the ingredients. Blend until smooth. Add more water as needed for thinning.
- Drizzle over salad, sautéed veggies, or buddha bowl. Enjoy!
- Keep leftover sauce in an airtight container in the fridge and enjoy within ~3-5 days.