Pumpkin Apple Bread
Pumpkin apple bread is the ultimate fall recipe—a mash-up between two fall favorites. This recipe has quickly become a staple in my house. With all the apples from my tree this year, I have been trying to find ways to use them up. Baked apples and apple bread have been my go-to’s and this recipe was inspired by my cinnamon apple walnut bread recipe—just added in more spice and swap in some pumpkin puree to give it even more fall flare. It’s so tasty!
I enjoy eating this with breakfast or as a really tasty dessert with a vanilla cashew icing and walnuts or pecans on top (as pictured here).
2 ½ cup rolled oats
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
¼ teaspoon ground clove
2/3 cup pure pumpkin puree
1 ½ cup slices of ripe bananas
½ cup dates, pitted
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 ½ cup chopped apples
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Add the oats to a high speed blender (make sure it’s dry). Blend the oats until fine like flour.
- Pour the flour into a mix bowl and add the baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and clove. Stir until well combined.
- In a high speed blender, combine the pumpkin, bananas, dates, and apple cider vinegar. Blend until smooth.
- Wash and chop the apples into small pieces.
- Add the apples and the pumpkin mixture to the bowl with the oat flour. Stir until well combined.
- Line a glass loaf pan with parchment paper and then pour in the batter. Bake the bread for 40-50 minutes, then allow to cool for several minutes before serving.
Feel free to add chopped walnuts to the bread too or to top the bread with a cashew cream.
Instead of the spice, you can also swap in 2-3 tablespoons of a Pumpkin Pie Spice blend.