Summer’s Zest Cashew Dressing
The first time I made this dressing, I was with my parents. My dad came up with the name, ‘Summer’s Zest’, kind of like Summer’s Best. A vibrant, flavorful, and creamy dressing. Packed with flavor, and super easy to whip together.
The uses for this dressing is vast. You can serve it raw as it is over a salad, or cook it up and serve it over roasted veggies, whole grains, and beans. Here are some ideas I had for the sauce:
- Serve as it is over raw salad.
- Use as a dip for raw or lightly steamed veggies.
- Warm the sauce and serve it over whole grains, beans, cooked veggies.
- Roast veggies and then pour the sauce over. Lightly cook the veggies with the sauce and then serve.
- Serve the sauce warm over cooked lentil pasta and veggies.
- 1 cup cashews
- 1-2 cloves garlic*
- 1 Tablespoon dried dill
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 1 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2-3/4 cup water, as needed for thinning
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- Black pepper, to taste
- Combine all the ingredients in a high speed blender. Blend until smooth.
- Store the sauce in airtight container in the fridge. Makes enough for about 4-8 people.
- *Use 2 cloves of garlic if you like it more garlicky.
- The dressing will thicken as it sits (depending on how much water is originally added). Feel free to add more water to thin it out if it does thicken.