Roasted Vegetable Quinoa Bowl with Peanut Sauce
Roasted Vegetable Quinoa Bowl with Peanut Sauce is a whole food plant-based recipe that is simple to make, yet super delicious! Combining roasted vegetables, Japanese sweet potatoes, black beans, quinoa, and a delicious peanut sauce made with dates, peanut butter, and spices for a complete meal. This dish is sure to satisfy!
This peanut sauce is actually one I created a while back, but I love how versatile it can be. You can make the sauce and serve it over dishes with cooked or roasted veggies, raw salads, stuffed roasted sweet potatoes, soy curls… whatever your pick heart desires! So many great, healthy ways to use this sauce!
- 2 cups Brussel sprouts, chopped
- 1 small red onion (about 1 cup), cut into wedges
- 2 cups broccoli, chopped
- 2 cups cauliflower, chopped
- 2 medium orange or Japanese sweet potatoes (about 4 cups), diced
- ½ cup dry quinoa
- 3 cups cooked black beans (or 2 cans of BPA free, salt-free beans, rinsed)
- Cilantro (optional)
- Chopped unsalted peanuts (optional)
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon of fresh ginger, minced
- 2 dates, pits removed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon white miso paste, optional
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Wash and prep the veggies. Place the Brussel sprouts, red onion, broccoli, cauliflower, and sweet potatoes on baking sheets. The broccoli will likely be done cooking within 15 minutes, the Brussel sprouts, sweet potatoes, and cauliflower will likely take about 30 minutes. Stir the veggies often to keep them from burning and help keep them from burning.
- Prepare the quinoa by combining 1/2 cup dry quinoa with 1 cup water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat. Simmer for about 15 minutes on low. Add a little more water if the quinoa looks like it’s drying up and not all the way cooked.
- In a high speed blender, combine the peanut butter, water, ginger, dates, lemon juice, paprika, cayenne pepper, black pepper, and white miso paste. Blend until smooth.
- In a large bowl (preferably heat safe), combine the roasted veggies, the cooked quinoa, black beans, and the sauce. Stir until well combined. Serve warm or cold. Add chopped peanuts and cilantro, if desired when serving. Enjoy!