Easy Homemade Salsa
Easy, homemade salsa, do I need to say more!?
Fresh, tasty, and packed with flavor. This salsa also packs in a nutritional punch, as it’s loaded with veggies. Perfect for your gatherings or weekday meals.
This salsa pairs great with my Two Bean Enchilada Casserole, Burrito Bowls with Cauliflower Rice and Tempeh and Pinto Bean Tacos. You can also make oil-free corn tortilla chips using corn tortillas. Simple, Cut the corn tortillas in half, then cut them into thirds (to make a total of 6 triangles). Place the tortillas on a sheet pan. Bake at 350 F for about 5-8 minutes then allow to cool completely before serving.
- 4 cups sliced tomatoes (about 8 on-the-vine tomatoes)
- 1 ½ - 2 cups chopped bell pepper (about 2 peppers)
- 1/2 cup yellow onion (about 1/2 small onion)
- 1/2 cup jalapeño peppers (about 2 jalapeños)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 - 1 tablespoon white miso paste (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- 1 cup cilantro (optional)
- Wash and prep the produce. Roughly chop the tomatoes, bell peppers, onions. Add the veggies to a large food processor.
- Wash the jalapeño peppers. Cut of the stem, and then slice to down the pepper and carefully remove the seeds. Avoid touching the seeds with your hands, they will make your hands burn and sting. Roughly chop the pepper and add to the food processor.
- Add the lemon juice, vinegar, tomato paste, miso, garlic, cumin, cayenne, and cilantro to the food processor. Pulse the mixture together. After a few pulses, take a spoon and move around the mixture. Once the salsa reaches desired consistency, pour off into a glass container to store in the fridge. Makes about 5 cups, enough for a crowd!
- 2 cups sliced tomatoes (about 4 on-the-vine tomatoes)
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper (about 1 pepper)
- 1/4 cup yellow onion (about 1/4 small onion)
- 1/4 cup jalapeño peppers (about 1 jalapeño)
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 tablespoon white miso paste (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- 1/2 cup cilantro (optional)
- Follow the instructions above!