Overnight Cinnamon Apple Oats
Here’s a tasty breakfast idea that you can make tonight! Overnight oats with cooked cinnamon apples— this is so delicious and naturally sweet!
- ⅔ cup oats
- 2 tbsp chia seeds (or 2 tbsp ground flax)
- 1.5-2 cups unsweetened plant-based milk
- 2 apples
- 1-2 pitted dates
- ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon- 1 tablespoon cinnamon*
- Wash and chop the apples. Take the seeds out of the dates and chop them. Combine the fruit, water, and cinnamon in a saucepan. Cook on medium heat until the apples start to soften and the water boils down. Stir frequently.
- In a container, combine the oats, chia seeds, and plant-based milk. Allow the chia to set for a few minutes and then stir again.
- Allow the apples to cool and then stir into the oats or wait until morning to add the apples to the oats.
- Store the apples and oats in the refrigerator overnight.
- In the morning, eat the oats either warm or cold. Add some peanut butter, walnuts, more cinnamon and/or plant-based milk, if you so desire. Enjoy!
- *I like a lot of cinnamon in mine. I usually just "eye-ball" it.